Castle In the Sky
If you're registering or logging in for the first time please don't forget to read your Welcome Message, it's important. If you already have, we hope you enjoy the site and welcome you back today ^_^
Castle In the Sky
If you're registering or logging in for the first time please don't forget to read your Welcome Message, it's important. If you already have, we hope you enjoy the site and welcome you back today ^_^
Castle In the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A land made out of dreams for those who have fallen into a coma and are now lost within their dreams.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to all. The site is finally finished after months.
If there's a problem or you have a question let an admin know whatever way possible just be polite.
Hope you all enjoy the site~!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Guide
Time
Moon Phase
Latest topics
» Hollering Mountains
Races EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:38 pm by Draco De Ryuu

» In the Dark Alleys
Races EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 am by Soul

» Grim Chance Mini-Series
Races EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:23 am by Soul

» Scarlet Death
Races EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:10 am by Apple

» Draco De Ryuu
Races EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:58 pm by Mango

» Races
Races EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm by Apple

» Out on the Plains
Races EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 am by Apple

» Tyrael ((W.I.P))
Races EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:42 pm by Tyrael

» Ishida, Sono
Races EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 pm by Mango

Affiliates
Races Bannerfans_8303015
Races Affili11

Races

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Apple
Admin
Apple

Character sheet
Soul Link:
Races Lbarbl11100/100Races Ebarbl10  (100/100)
Mana:
Races Left_bar_bleue50/50Races Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Strength:
Races Lbargr1050/50Races Ebargr10  (50/50)

Races Empty
PostSubject: Races   Races EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:04 am

Below you will find the list of races that are aloud on the site. Why are we putting a list of races when you could just look at the group legend? Because below we will also be saying what those races can automatically do gift wise just by being that race. This way, people aren't stepping out of boundaries or making things up to go with their race so they can play 'god'. We are NOT going to allow that to happen so you must follow what we say a race has. If you want to argue that a race should have something else added to it, then find three different sources that are not forums and send me the links in a PM. I'll look them over and if I decided it's liable enough to go with then that will be added. This method goes with adding new races as well. Find three different sites that speak and describe that race, give a short description of the race yourself. If the places you send me give too long of a description then you'll have to provide one in your own words for I can't put more than about 250 characters. That description can be brief for when it's added here if accepted it will get a longer description that will speak more about it. Not every race sent to me will be added just to let you know. If some races seem too much like other races already on the site then I may or may not decide against it.

If you have a question about any of the races below then just send it to me and label it "Race Question" so I can be sure to get to it as soon as possible since some questions may need answered for applications to be finished. Make sure your question isn't already below though.

Also, a question can be formed from an administrator or moderator reading over an application and finding something questionable. We are trying to keep all the races about even and so, a member may be questioned or asked to 'down-grade' something. Another thing is, since certain powers can go to races and you want a power, send it as a question to an administrator and we will talk it over.

Now, below you'll find the race list and their powers. As seen above the groups that would have had two in it, like Vampires/Crusniks, have been separated to focus more on the single race and telling about it. You'll also see some questions and answers about each race that I decided to put. The set up will be as follows:
Code:
[left][b][size=14]Name of race[/size][/b][/left]
[list][b]Description:[/b]
[b]Set Abilities:[/b]
[b]Questions and Answers:[/b][/list]

Start questions with this:
Q.)

And answers with this:
A.)

For the question you think people may ask before it's even put.

Now, the list begins.

Shinigami
    Description: An administrator or moderator of the site. Their character's race will not be this, it'll be one of the others listed below. This is more of a job.
    Set Abilities:
    • To ban you if you go against the rules
    • Set up the site
    • Change the site
    • Approve Characters
    • Mess with topics.
    • Approve different races.

Questions and Answers:
    Q.)Can I ask to be an administrator or moderator?
    A.)NO! I don't like it when people ask for higher power in the site. If we think you'll make a good administrator or moderator then we will ask you if you'd like the job or we will post that we'd like help with the site in the updates and will be recruiting those who ask. That would be the only time you can ask. Not only that though but you must have been on the site for a few weeks before you'll even be beginning to be thought of for the chance of moderator or administrator to be sure you continue to visit the site.

Angels
    Description: The word 'Angel' comes from the Greek word "angelos", meaning "messenger." Generally, angels are seen as messengers of a sort of god. The line separating "good" angels from "bad" angels is not always clear. An angel may act benevolently in one situation but with evil intent in another. However, an Angel with evil intent will eventual lead to committing a sin and they will become a devil. An angel will usually have white wings. Here the Order of Angels from highest ranking angels to lowest are as follows: Seraphim, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Archangels, and Angels. Angels, of all the order, are known to excel in flying because of their wings.
    Set Abilities:
    • Flying.
    • Able to know if something has a 'bad' or 'evil' intention.
    • Able to 'purify' objects.

Questions and Answers:
    Q.)To what point can they purify something.
    A.) Angels can purify small objects easy unless there is a large amount of negative energy in it. They can also

Celestials
    Description: Celestials are beings that are often seen as divine, heavenly, spiritual beings. Most of them will appear as either a human or an angel however if their appearance is like one of an angel the wings do not have to be white. Even so, most will appear human since if they do have the appearance of an angel, the wings are able to vanish, a few shed feathers falling to the ground from the disappearance of the wings. These beings are immortal but only in terms of never aging beyond a certain point and never falling ill. However, Celestials are also evil like beings. They are similar to vampires in this way, only their fangs can only come out at twilight, dawn, and dusk. The only other way for them to bite someone without it being that times of day mentioned previously is if they have a contract written in blood of the person they want to drink from. This contract lasts for until one of the them (the contractor and the person who they contracted with) dies. Remember, Celestials only seem and are generally looked at as heavenly and divine beings.
    Set Abilities:
    • Flight if they have wings.
    • Fangs [refer to description for info on them.]
    • Immortal [in terms of never aging or falling ill.]

Questions and Answers:
    [Awaiting Questions from members]

Demons
    Description: There are many varieties of demons even in the Castle in the Sky. When the different kinds of demons are thought of then they will be placed in this description of 'Demons'
      Demonic Beast.: A creature who looks like a normal every day sort of animal but at the same time different. These creatures are almost like pixies for they too can and usually will eat small children and babies. They can change from an animal form that looks like the form of a normal animal [example: A fox is a normal animal but a demonic beast version of the fox could be a fox with a fluffy tail and wings.] and can also change into a human like form though the human form will have the same eye color as their other form. The demonic beasts do not have to appear evil just because they are called 'demonic.' but just because one doesn't look 'evil' doesn't mean it isn't.

Death Demon.:Classified only as a half-breed, please check the half-breed section.

Set Abilities:
    Demonic Beast.:
    • Transformation between demonic form and human form.
    • For small ones.: Levitation
    • For bird types.: Flight
    • Mental/Psychic Speech while in 'animal' form
    • Read Minds
    • Senses of their corresponding animal even in their human form

[waiting for more demon types]
    Questions and Answers:
    Demonic Beast.:
    Q.)Can their ability to read minds break through mental barriers?
    A.)No it cannot.

Q.)Does that mean that they cannot communicate to those who have a mental barrier since their speech is mental?
    A.)No they can still speak to them mentally but they cannot read their mind.

Devils
    Description: Generally an angel that has committed a sin against their god and had their heart 'swallowed' by 'evil'. Their white wings then become dark red or black if they managed to keep them before the Virtues or higher ups on the Order of Angels ripped their wings from their back. The Castle in the Sky Devils seemed to usually be more carefree than the angels, especially the high ranking angels. Any angel to commit a sin against their god, no matter their ranking, will become a Devil from the sin's negative energy effecting them.
    Set Abilities:
    • Contaminating Objects
    • Flight if they kept their wings.

Questions and Answers:

Dragons
    Description: Usually great in size when in their true form. Most usually have bat like wings and cat like eyes with scales covering their body. The Dragons that are in the Castle in the Sky have the power to turn themselves into what seems to be a human, the minor difference being that their eyes will stay the same and their hair will be the color of their scales generally however the hair doesn't make the stand out as much since people can dye their hair. When in their true forms, their scales are hard to pierce but not impossible. Hitting a spot with a blade a few times will weaken the resistance and will then be able to be pierced unless a skill would state otherwise.
    Set Abilities:
    • Flight
    • Armorish like scales
    • To appear human mostly
    • Good sight

Questions and Answers:
    [Awaiting Questions from members.]

Elves
    Description: There are both good elves and dark elves. They come in all sizes when referring to height and they appear human except for their pointed ears and more than likely, odd colored eyes and hair, though again, hair can be dyed with humans so some may not think much of the hair being different. In the Castle in the Sky elves are known to be almost as good as magic as mages and have developed different senses to things. Their sight is also very keen as well as their hearing.
    Set Abilities:
    • Good at most magic
    • Keen hearing
    • Keen Sight
    • Mental Barrier [keeps mind from being read and prevents mind control]

Questions and Answers:
    [Awaiting Questions from Members]

Fairies
    Description: Typically female and can change their height anywhere from average human height to anywhere between six to twelve inches. Male fairies are rare but that doesn't mean they do not exist. Fairies have almost completely transparent wings that are as fragile as a butterfly's and can have a tint of color to them. Most fairies are known to use a certain kind of magic which focus's on that type. They can fly quickly through the air in the small height, even faster than most other winged folk but not to the point that they can never be caught. Each fairy is unique and has his or her own advantages and disadvantages.
    Set Abilities:
    • Flight
    • Agile
    • Able to change Height

Questions and Answers:
    Q.) For the small height, the between six and twelve inches height, can a fairy be so many inches and then be a different so many inches?
    A.) No, between the small height, six to twelve inches, has to stay as the same height. Say I chose seven inches at first, I must then stick with seven inches as my character's small height, I cannot change it later.

Pixies
    Description:Pixies are similar to fairies and have more of a chance of there being a male pixie than a male fairy. Unlike their fairy cousins, pixies are generally shorter in their short height, between six to two inches. They also do not have a larger form to blend in with humans unless a mage has caught one and spelled them to be able to do so, or the pixie tricked them into making a potion to do so. They also have pointed ears and some are known to lure children away to eat them, at least the not so friendly pixies anyway. Pixies are wingless and usually have an odd tint of color to their skin such as green or blue. They are also known to shape shift into the form of small every day animals.
    Set Abilities:
    • Very Agile

Questions and Answers:
    Q.) For the small height, the between six and two inches height, can a pixie be so many inches and then be a different so many inches?
    A.) No, between the small height, six to two inches, has to stay as the same height. Say I chose three inches at first, I must then stick with three inches as my character's small height, I cannot change it later.

Q.)If a mage or the like 'curses' or 'spells' a pixie to make it so they have an average human height can they change back to their small height?
    A.)Yes and no. It depends on the spell/potion or what was used on the pixie. It could be permanent or so that they can change but this must be mentioned in the history.

Half-Breeds
    Description: There can be such a large group of half-breeds that more to this will be added as people choose their character. If you're the first to choose a pairing you may be asked for your opinion. Half-breeds have to be half human and half anything else. That part that is not human does not have to be a race that is on here but we would like descriptive explanations of the race.
      Death Demon.: Semi-transparent being who roams the lands, looking for a body of a human to bond with. Once he or she bonds, the demon becomes solid and lives off the life energy of the human. Should the human die, the demon once again becomes semi-transparent until he or she bonds with another human. However, the being can die while they are solid. The bond between the human and the demon cannot be broken by will, only if the human dies. These beings however harvest the souls of those corrupted by a 'deadly sin' (Sloth, Greed, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath, and/or Pride.) Due to this, they can see into someone's heart to tell if they are corrupted or not.

Set Abilities:
    Death Demon.:
    • Can bond with humans
    • Harvest the Souls of those corrupted Sloth, Greed, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath, OR Pride
    • Capable of wielding "Soul Weapons", weapons created by the reaper to harvest Corrupted Souls and eliminate demons. The weapons will seem to weigh several tons to anyone else who tries to lift them.
    • Can see into someone's heart to tell if they're corrupt or not.

Questions and Answers:

Humans
    Description: Humans are just that, human. They do not have the ability to control the elements and they have a normal (such as if the hair is naturally colored, red, black, blond, brown.) appearance. Humans can however have a light gift such as fortunetelling.
    Set Abilities:
    • Very light and not over powerful gifts.

Questions and Answers:
    Q.)Why don't humans get to have something like an element and only light gifts? I've seen other places with humans having them.
    A.)Humans do not have the ability to control things like an element. Humans are human. All of us outside in the real life that are typing these messages are human and we can't control elements and such so neither can humans on here. Besides that, we thought that when a human was aloud to have all of that, that made them a mage basically but with a different name for their race. So no, humans will not get things like an element or overly strong gifts.

Q.)How are humans suppose to fight if they don't have what was talked about above?
    A.) Ah now there's a question I was waiting for. Humans here at Castle in the Sky will not have to fight. In fact, we are making it so that humans cannot be attacked unless they have signed up on a topic were it says that they are saying they want to fight other beings with only weapons and what they have. Other than that, humans are basically unable to be attacked without their permission.

Inus
    Description: Inus have a very keen since of smell and hearing and their appearance can be easily seen with he/she having dog ears on their head instead of human ears and a dog tail that matches the kind of dog, one could say, that they are an inu of. Some inus even inherit the other characteristics and behaviors of their dog relatives.
    Set Abilities:
    • Keen hearing
    • Keen smell
    • Relatively speedy

Questions and Answers:

Lycanthropes
    Description: Lycanthropes are those who change under the light of the full moon. A lycanthrope may be a werewolf, werecat, basically any other were- creature. Lycanthropes appear human most of the time and their were form represents and appears like the beast that he/she is part.
      Werewolf --- Stand on their hand legs when in their were form but generally look like a wolf. Their senses are beyond that of a man or wolf, however, not insanely above.
      Werecat --- Like a werewolf, werecats stand on their hind feet. Werecats have a high flexibility and speed more than their human or cat counterpart but not the superhuman/wolf strength a werewolf has.

Set Abilities:
    • Extra strength during full moons
    • Werewolves have superhuman strength
    • Werewolves have keen hearing
    • Werewolves have keen smell
    • Werecats have high flexibility
    • Werecats have high speed

Questions and Answers:

Mages
    Description: Mages are very much like humans except that they have magical properties that allow them to use spells. Unlike other races, spells and magic come very easy to them and thus they are well known to use magic to fight and defend. Mages usually have something different about them such as oddly colored hair that's natural or oddly colored eyes that are, again, natural.
    Set Abilities:
    • Magic and Spells are easier to use
    • Mental Barriers [Blocks mind reading and mind control.]

Questions and Answers:

Alchemists
    Description: Alchemists are similar to mages but more in a human way. They use symbols that generate their magic and follow 'equivalent exchange' as an important rule. Some may even use books that contain the symbols and such that they would use. Alchemists appear much like a natural human unless they have used alchemy to change a feature about themselves but that however is not permanent and will fade over time.
    Set Abilities:
    • Memory skills [from memorizing all the symbols mostly]
    • Different kind of magic use than mages

Questions and Answers:

Mermaids
    Description:Mermaids have the upper body of their human counterpart, mermaid having a female torso while a male mermaid or 'merman' would have a male's torso. They have the lower body of a fish and have learned to take on the appearance of a human on land though most have difficulty speaking the human language. When wet, their lower body will change to that of the fish, shedding their disguise rather they want it shown or not. Some can be thought of as sirens and their songs can lead ships of men (or woman if a male one is singing) generally to safety or their death.
    Set Abilities:
    • Appear human when dry
    • Can sing a song and lure most of the opposite gender to them when they are in water

Questions and Answers:

Nekos
    Description: Nekos are, in a way, similar to Inus but in a cat respective. Nekos have cat ears and a cat tail however some have cat eyes as well. Neko's can have cat like behavior and other cat characteristics. They also have a keen sight, even at night time or in darkened places were others may or may not find it hard to see.
    Set Abilities:
    Questions and Answers:

Vampires
    Description:Vampires are beings that some consider 'undead.' They subsist by feeding on the life essence which is generally in the form of blood though most young (children) vampires feed on the life essence with a soft kiss which can be on any part of a being's skin and literally taking some of the life essence since most children are waiting to grow more accustomed to their fangs. Vampires can feed on other living beings or other 'undead.' beings. Having pale skin, which some human legends say it comes from coming back from the grave, and natural colored to white or silver hair can be a vampire's appearance. The only creature that a vampire is not able to freely feed off of is a crusnik for they have to ask for permission.
    Set Abilities:
    Questions and Answers:
    Q.)Can vampires here go in sunlight?
    A.)Yes they can, it just hurts their eyes some, especially on bright days so they (most) tend to stick to the shade or night mostly. They do NOT sparkle!!! I detest Twilight for even thinking a vampire should sparkle in the sun.

Q.)Can a vampire here turn into a bat or other creature that some legends say?
    A.)No. Here a vampire cannot turn into anything unless their character's gift says so.

Q.)If a vampire is technically 'undead' what would it's energy here be called?
    A.)Good question. It wouldn't be called mana exactly though at times mana is referred to as 'life energy' which vampires actually take from other creatures when they drink their blood so in a way it would be called mana since dark energy isn't clear enough, demonic energy would be for a demon or devil, and just plain energy is to casual. I'd like to hear other thoughts on this.

Q.)Will vampires die by garlic?
    A.)Heck no! Vampires just don't like garlic because they have a keen sense of smell and it really stinks to them. So it's good to use to make them want to stay away but that doesn't mean they will.

Q.)Will running water do anything to them?
    A.)No, it does nothing.

Q.)Will silver do anything to them?
    A.)Also a no. It does nothing special.

Q.)Do vampires need an invitation to go in a place?
    A.)If it is another person's home, yes.

Q.)Will holy symbols do anything to them?
    A.)Yes and no. It depends for they can be a kind of 'holy' vampire so we'll say they can develop a tolerance for them but other wise they may burn them if touched.

Crusniks
    Description: Sometimes known as 'Black Angels', Crusniks could be called a special kind of vampire but they're not really a vampire. Technically it's a creature humanoid, usually with silver hair, wings like an angel but black, red eyes, and feeds from the blood of vampires. They drink from vampires because it is a theory that once a vampire drinks from a human (or other creature.) and the blood enters a vampire's body, it becomes its own and the blood's properties change and becomes infused with the vampire's energy. The vampires use the energy that the blood becomes infused with to heal faster, for extra speed, extra strength, etc. So Crusniks drink their blood to process it even further. Also, Crusniks can eat normal human food but most just don't like it as much and it doesn't give them all the same nutrients and they have to eat more than the average human. A Crusnik who won't feed from a vampire will begin to lose strength, speed, and become hungry no matter how much food they eat that humans would. Also due to a special binding, vampires cannot feed from a Crusnik without whole hearted permission. This means that a Crusnik cannot be tricked or controlled into agreeing. On another note, Crusniks can only be pure bloods.
    Set Abilities:
    Questions and Answers:
    Q.)Can a vampire feed off of a Crusnik?
    A.)Yes and no. If you are a vampire you must have permission from the Crusnik you wish to drink from before you can drink their blood.

Q.)Does a Crusnik have to ask permission from a vampire to feed from them?
    A.)No. A Crusnik does not need permission from a vampire to drink the blood of anything. Including another Crusnik.

Q.)Is it bad for a Crusnik to feed from another Crusnik?
    A.)In terms of power, no for drinking from another Crusnik more than anything else will eventually strengthen a Crusnik's powers to that of a Crusnik with stronger and better abilities however, Crusniks consider feeding from other Crusniks a sin and it is strongly looked down upon. Rumors have it that if a Crusnik feeds from another Crusnik then other Crusniks will team up and kill the one that fed from a Crusnik and kill the Crusnik that was fed upon if that Crusnik allowed it to happen.

Q.)If a Crusnik had a child with a creature that wasn't a Crusnik what race would the child be?
    A.)That would depend on the mother and the child growing inside of her. If the mother was a Crusnik then the child would be a Crusnik for the blood and nutrients it's getting from the mother would all contain Crusnik genetics. If the father was a Crusnik and the mother was another race then the child would more than likely take on the mother's race for the Crusniks genetics would be overlapped, covered, and eventually in a way ate by the mother's genetics while the baby was inside of her. The only way for a baby to be a Crusnik when the mother is not would be for the mother to almost constantly, and I do pretty much literally mean constantly, have to drink blood from the father or another Crusnik and only races who won't get sick from drinking blood would be able to even attempt this.

Q.)If a Crusnik doesn't feed from a vampire after a long period of time will they die?
    A.)More than likely. A vampire is a Crusnik's main meal so to say. If they don't feed from one every so often, they'll get weak and seem to be like a human until they're 'even weaker than that' and eventually their body would start to decompose on them.

Q.)Can a Crusnik feed on a human or other creature?
    A.)Yes however most Crusniks aren't interested in feeding from the frightened human or other frightened creatures. Not only that but a vampire's blood is better for them. So they can but it isn't really recommended to do often since their powers would become much like that of an ordinary vampire.

I would like to thank the following sites for the information in the above.
http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com
http://www.all-about-fairies.com/

Last edited by Apple on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://castleinthesky.rpg-board.net
Apple
Admin
Apple

Character sheet
Soul Link:
Races Lbarbl11100/100Races Ebarbl10  (100/100)
Mana:
Races Left_bar_bleue50/50Races Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Strength:
Races Lbargr1050/50Races Ebargr10  (50/50)

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Set abilities are still being worked on for some.
Back to top Go down
https://castleinthesky.rpg-board.net

Races
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle In the Sky :: Rules, Updates, Characters, And History. :: Character Information. :: Awaiting Characters.-
Jump to: